Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, September 28, 2015

Tidbits

A few other random happenings of late:

Give Lexi an apron and a vacuum, and that girl is all business.  Too bad she still makes more of a mess than she cleans....



Ty started up fall soccer.  That kid loves him some soccer!  Thankfully this year he is tolerating his time to sit out a lot better than last season.  Such a cute age to watch those little dudes run around the field.  Ty is especially fond of his newly discovered talent of snapping.  Yep, he has mastered the two handed double snap.  Now as he plays soccer he runs up and down the field snapping his fingers the whole time!  So funny!


The kids' school had a running fundraiser for their school.  Each student was to find sponsors to donate either a flat fee or a certain amount of money per lap run.  Well, too bad I HATE soliciting.  Hate it.  Did I mention I am really not a fan of going out asking for money?  Yep, I am.  Especially when I have 3, count it, THREE children doing the same thing.  Needless to say we didn't contribute a whole lot.  Huge thanks to Aunt Connie for being in the right place at the right time to take pity and cough up some cash.  I was going to call the Grandparents but kept putting it off and then it was too late.  Oh well!  I know, I need to adjust my attitude!  I did contribute, however, and will continue to add some dollars throughout the year. 

Unfortunately my shopping trip took a bit longer than anticipated and I just barely missed Ty run.  Sorry Ty man!  I'm sure you did awesome!  At least I got to give him a post-run hug.

The family headed over to farmer Dan's across the highway to pick me out some tomatoes to bottle.  It was kinda fun.  Look at that cute bunch!
Thanks to Ma and Pa Otte we had those maters bottled the next day!  So glad to be closer to family to help out in this arena!  Of course I have to give a MAJOR thank you to my dear mother-in-law who, between corn, beans, and chicken spent plenty of hours canning in my behalf.  Of all those hours I only contributed a measly hour or two.  I need to even out the score!

We made an impromptu trip down to the State Fair.  While Jacob was checking out the sale, we made the rounds around the fairgrounds and the kids each picked out two rides.

We then proceeded to pay the most ridiculous amount of money for the most ridiculous cheeseburger and corn dog known to man.  Guess we'll know what NOT to do next time.

This little piggy went to the state fair:

Ty had a project at school to interview a community helper.  We decided that Grandpa Israelsen fit the description perfectly, so Ty and Jacob headed over to interview Grandpa.  Grandpa did a great job, Ty was just a bit on the distracted side during the interview.  But, we at least made a fun little poster and ended up with a really great picture.  Thanks Grandpa!


We have yet another neighborhood cat who has decided it wants to be adopted by us.  I think Lexi would take the cat over us any day!  She LOVES this silly thing.  I can't believe how well this cat tolerates being toted around by a 3 year-old.  The other day I couldn't find Lexi.  After a bit of detective work I found her hiding in her bedroom closet with the smuggled-in feline.  Nope, NO CATS IN THE HOUSE!  Love them from a distance, please!  I admit, I'm a softy and can't help but buy cat food.  Jacob just shakes his head and calls them welfare cats- they need to find the mice.  Fine then, I'll only give them a little bit of cat food so they will still catch a mouse or two.  Compromise?  Yep!
 

No comments: