Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, October 3, 2016

I Love To See The Temple

Now that the oldest 3 are back in school full time, there's plenty of time for me and my little buddy Lexi Lou.  She keeps pretty close tabs on me during the day and is usually not too far behind me.  I have actually been really enjoying our time together.  For the most part she is over her frequent toddler tantrums and is pretty good to have as my sidekick.

The other day while running errands over in Brigham City, she looked out the window and spotted the temple.  From the back seat she hollered, "Hey Mom, I found the temple!  Can we go to the temple?"  It was a beautiful sunny day so I figured this would be a perfect little impromtu outing. 

Lexi just loved being able to walk right up to the temple.  Of course she insisted we get a picture.  I wanted to try to get her in the picture with the entire temple as the background.  You have to look really close, but on the bottom of the picture just to the right of center there is an itty bitty Lexi standing in front of the fence!
As I looked at this picture, I was taken back by the enormity of the temple and how teeny Lexi looked in front of it.  I couldn't help but have the thought that this should be a metaphor for my life.  I hope that I can always let the temple overshadow any trial or problem I have and keep things in perspective.  Of all I know from my years of attending the temple, I know for sure that I actually know very little of how incredible it really is.  As we walked around the temple, it was so peaceful and beautiful.  Of course Lexi would be drawn to it!  I so hoped that she could feel the beauty and peace in her sweet little 4 year-old innocent way.  So grateful for her little prompting that gave us a somewhat simple yet very profound afternoon.

I love you my Lou Lou!  I hope you always keep your love of the temple.

No comments: