Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Phonetics



As I was perusing the contents of Ty's backpack this afternoon, I came across a little paper he had worked on today.  As I read what he had written, I couldn't help but giggle.  As you can see here, he was asked to brainstorm ways he could get to school.  He chose to break up his sentence into 3 different sections:

Yessirreee folks, aren't we all just dying to get to school on "a giant mosquito?"

LAUGH. OUT. LOUD!  I love it!  Now THAT is thinking outside the box.

The best part though, is the next page- his picture:
Just to clarify, that is not TY riding up on the shoulder of the giant "musceeto."  Instead he chose to draw KENNA riding on the giant mosquito.  Why Kenna got the honors I have no idea.  He was so proud of himself when I had him tell me about it!

It is SO FUN to watch as my kids start to put sounds together to make words.  I love to see all the little tidbits they can come up with.   

1 comment:

Dustin and Connie said...

This is adorable...I love imaginations and spelling choices of children!!