Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, October 28, 2016

Please Don't Go, Fall!


I absolutely LOVE fall in Cache Valley.  It is one of my favorite times of year here.  In fact, this is when I missed Cache Valley the most when we were living down in Southern Utah.  I am hoping hoping hoping it will last just a bit longer before the snow flies when all I want to do is curl up in a fetal position and not emerge again until April.  This is also the time of year when I first met and started dating Jacob, so it always takes me back to those fun butterfly-in-the-tummy days.

A few weeks ago we decided to head over to check out the little side-of-the-road pumpkin stand right next to Ted's on the highway.  They had so many different varieties of pumpkins and the kids had an absolute blast picking out pumpkins.  I was kind of surprised they loved it so much.  It was so cute to see them all so giddy about picking out their own little pumpkins.  They would have taken a whole truckload if we let them!  I loved that we could actually get quite a few pumpkins without paying
an arm and a leg for them.

 As part of the usual Cache Valley tradition, we love to make it over to the Pumpkin Walk.  We have learned, however, it's much better to do it on an afternoon rather than wait to do it for FHE Monday night.  It gets so crowded that it's not really even fun.

So we headed over on one of the afternoons we had off for UEA.  It's probably actually the most exciting thing we even did over UEA.  How dare we actually stay home and get work done during school break- the atrocity!!

Allie stayed home to play with a neighbor, but me and the other three got out to enjoy the beautiful weather.  Such a nice day!!

 I had to get this fun little picture:
 I LOVED this exhibit.  I hope my kids will come to learn what a blessing it is to live in America.  I love this incredible country we live in.  There are so many good people.  Despite the craziness of this somewhat horrific election season, I choose to focus on all the good that is out there.  At the heart of it, Americans are good people and I pray that we all will turn to the true King of this great land and allow Him to be our leader.  Through Him this great nation can be saved.

(Pause while I get down from my soap box.....)

Of course we had to get pictures in nearly every character board.

Queen of the Wild Things!

Lexi has her little hands under her chin in almost every picture, I love it!

I love the double glasses action in this one:


It's always a good day when Jessie, Buzz, and Woody are on the job:

Hopefully we can enjoy these beautiful colors and sunshine for a bit longer before we hunker down for a few months.

No comments: