Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Smart mom

Mom's just have to be creative. By the time I pulled into the grocery store this afternoon, Allie was pretty ticked off and hungry. I didn't want to have to go all the way to the back of the store to the bathroom and unpack the kids just for some water. So we headed over to the deli. One ounce of water from the fountain drinks (many thanks to the lemonade for sharing), two and a half ounces of hot water from the coffee maker, throw in the formula and BINGO! Bottle is ready, baby is happy. Am I smart or what? We headed over to the little table and chairs and let Allie fill up. It's nice to have a few tricks up my sleeve. Ya, pretty much I get my inspiration in life by figuring out ways to make a grocery trip a success. Another great success today was Christmas shopping at the dollar store. That is one of the great things about a 2-year-old: you can do a large part of their Christmas shopping at the dollar store! To make it even better, you can do it when they're with you! Kenna loved the little toy horse, but she's already forgotten about it and will love it again Christmas morning. Isn't that great? That's called Christmas on a budget, my friends. I admit, I even got Jacob a little something while I was there, too. Yep, it was a very inspiring day. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I am so blessed to have so many wonderful associations. To all you who read this, know that I am so grateful for your friendship and love.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Dollar stores are the BEST for little kids! I love reading your posts and I think your kids are just darling. Your mom said that your family will be up for Thanksgiving, so maybe we will see you then.

Hayley said...

I tagged you, you are supposed to write 6 interesting things about you. loveyou

The Wolfley Family said...

Hey there! I'm a big dollar store fan, too! Hope to see you at Thanksgiving!