Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, January 31, 2014

The Great Flood of 2014

I should start out with the fact that I am SO grateful my handsome little Ty man is potty-trained. I really really am.  3 year-old diapers- well, they are nasty. 

You see the problem we have here is toilet paper.  Ty seems to need roughly a roll and a half.  Per wipe.  So what happens when you try to flush a large amount of toilet paper down that fairly small hole in the toilet?  Well, it clogs.  And what happens when your 3 year-old clogs the toilet?  Well, he just stands there in amazement as water pours off the edges of the toilet.  Until Mom gets curious when she hears a very quiet Ty and what she thinks is the sound of running water.  If only he was simply washing his hands in the aforementioned running water.  I promptly rushed in to plunge the living daylights out of the toilet to get the water going in the RIGHT direction.  Down!  Down to the sewer with you!

Insert problem #2.  Whoever built this lovely home of ours made a very serious mistake.  Very.  Serious.  I don't know if I can even type it.  It just hurts to say it out loud.

They put a heater vent right next to the toilet.

Oh I'm cringing!  The audacity!

A heater vent 
next to 
the toilet!

Seriously?  Who would do such a thing?  So now you can imagine where the water went.  Lots and lots of water.   Here is what I sucked out of the heater vent alone.  Please don't barf.





And let's not forget the towels.  I lost count at 8.




So what do you do when Mom cleans up your flood?  Well, you unroll toilet paper throughout the house:




Oh Ty.  Thanks buddy.  Thanks for that completely unanticipated cleaning opportunity.  Good thing you're so darn cute.  It redeemed you.


 
 

2 comments:

Andrea Pulsipher said...

Oh I'm laughing so hard right now! I have totally been there--unfortunately. You just have a positive and hilarious way of dealing with it. I need to do better in that department.

Our Little Israelsen Clan said...

Okay, I love that you comes out in your blog so well. I think I threw up a little for you in the toilet vent adventure. You are an awesome MOM! Way to go Britt