Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Recap of March, Part 1

One Sunday afternoon Jacob and I were out delivering some info for Cub Scouts, and at one particular house Ty man found himself a little buddy.  A box elder bug.  He was quite excited about his new little pet.  He so affectionately named him "Box Eldie."  While we were in the car waiting for Jacob, Ty put his little bug on the console between the two front seats.  Lexi decided to get her little fingers in there to play with the bug and Ty cried out, "No Lou!  Don't!  I'm his owner!"  He tried to make a bug habitat when we got home (with one of my plastic containers, of course).  Unfortunately Box Eldie didn't survive more than a day.  Fortunately, Ty wasn't too distraught about the whole thing.   

Behold Box Eldie:

We must give honorable mention to Aggie, our little bottle fed goat.  She was a triplet and her mama didn't quite have enough milk for all of them.  The kids (as in our little Israelsen humans) loved to let her out in the backyard and she would run around and play right beside them.  It was so fun to watch.  When we left for out little Spring Break trip down to St. George she was weaned down to one bottle a day and went back to the farm with all the other goats. 


I finally got back in to the dentist for a cleaning.  It's been waaaaaaaaay too long.  (Hey, at least I'm right on the dot at 6 month check ups for my kids.)  I went in to the same dentist I saw when I was growing up.  Here is Lexi in the dentist office playing on the exact same toys I played with as a child!


Jacob and I have our first Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet under our belts.  It was a lot of work, but it turned out great and we had a lot of fun with it.  Many thanks to Pinterest I found some fun ideas.  Our theme was "Cub Scouts are One in a Minion."  Let me just say I am not a big Pinterest guru.  I hadn't ever really actually got on Pinterest before Scouts.  However, feeling like a blind old bat when it comes to Cub Scouts, I was desperate for some ideas and it was a big help.  I am soooooo not naturally creative.  Thanks to modern technology and information sharing, I don't have to be!

The soda was a little thank you to all of our leaders.  I found these darling printables.  One of them uses the A&W logo to say thanks for being an A&Wesome leader and the other is Fanta to say thanks for being a Fantastic leader.  Pretty darn creative!  (Thank you creative people in the world willing to share your creativity and giving me the option to simply click and print!)  


The table centerpieces.  


We had a Father/Son cake bake.  Each of the boys brought a cake.  We all voted on the cakes and then ate them for dessert.  It was so fun!  We had some great cakes and I think everyone really enjoyed it.


Here is Lexi standing out by the garage at my parents house.  She didn't want to leave and was not happy to get in the car.  Lexi is one determined little lady and when she has a Lexi-style tantrum, she really throws on the brakes.  Instead of a gargantuan sized battle to get her strapped in her carseat, I had her stay by the side of the garage and wimper until she was ready to get buckled without initiating World War 3.  Each child definitely comes with their own personalities, and learning to navigate these little personalities can be quite the challenge.  I often feel like the children coming down to earth right now were given a lot of spunk to help them combat the world they will live in.  Figuring out how to effectively channel all of this spunk is quite the undertaking.  I quite often feel like in all of this parenting I will end up being the undertaken.  Sheesh.  One day at a time.

Thankfully there are moments that help make the road a bit more smooth.  For example, here is another shot of Lexi sporting her AMAZING glasses she got in her Happy Meal from girls' night out during the Priesthood session of Conference.  Now tell me that doesn't make you smile.  If not the glasses then her peace sign she just had to add......
 

1 comment:

Dustin and Connie said...

No need to cry over Ty's little bug buddy not lasting. We would love to share ours with him...we'll even let him adopt if he wishes!